Increased mobility is driving the use of other tools such as videoconferencing, which is already used by 3 out of 10 SMEs (according to the study), and allows meetings, customer service and teamwork with colleagues located anywhere in the world.
In this sense, although its use is consolidating, there is still a long way to go for managers and employees to incorporate into their professional activity this new way of working. For this reason, it is important to follow a series of tips, beyond the mere technical ones, so that the use of videoconference becomes like usual in a company:
- Alternate resources. In many cases, the visual potential of videoconferencing is not exploited, and only the voice is used as if it were a telephone call. With videoconferencing, we can also share screens, documents or videos that break the monotony and make the conversation more bearable, especially if they are long meetings, capturing the attention of the assistant.
- Non-verbal language. Gestures and posture gain much importance, as any of the attendees can see how we move or what we are doing. However, it also gives us the possibility to see our audience, for example, if they yawn, close their eyes or entertain themselves with other tasks, they have lost interest and we have the challenge of trying to recover their attention.
- Avoid monologues. One of the main tips is to make pauses and vocalize well so that all the attendees can follow the thread of the talk and do not give rise to confusion. In addition, it is advisable to ask questions, change the tone of voice and generate debates to lighten the event and see if everyone is following the content exposed.
- Avoid alternative conversations. In most video calls, there are users in the same room (since they work in the same office) and others who connect from other places. In these situations, it is necessary to avoid focusing the conversation only among employees who are in the same place, because those in different locations can feel excluded and disconnected, lowering their level of commitment and empathy.
- Avoid multitasking. We have to consider virtual meetings as if they were face to face and, for this, focus all attention on it and not engage in other work or personal tasks. This way, we will eliminate noises of keys or leaves and the look will be focused on the companions and not in the computer.
As we can see, videoconferencing is becoming a great ally for those SMEs that have employees on the move, a trend that will increase in the coming years, as it avoids lost time in travel, transport costs And the accumulated fatigue due to travel.
Currently there are professional videoconferencing solutions in the cloud such as ezTalks Cloud Meeting, which allow you to conduct meetings online with HD quality from anywhere and with all kinds of devices (Mac, PC, iOS or Android gadgets), thus providing the flexibility and mobility that workers need. In addition, ezTalks Cloud Meeting offers services specially designed for the company, of whatever size, does not require the purchase of equipment since it is a service in the cloud and has an expert and specialized support that supports the user in the use of the service.