One can surely sync Android with Mac wirelessly but syncing data between an android and a Mac is not as easy as it may seem since there is no built in procedure or mechanisms provided to update any sort of data for these two particular Operating systems (OS). And for syncing data between these two OS, one needs a third party app which can perform the task easily. SyncMate, an app to sync Android with Mac wirelessly.
What is SyncMate and how does it work?
SyncMate is a special android module which helps the user to sync data from their android device to a Mac device via USB, Bluetooth or WI-Fi. For instance, the user can sync calendars and contacts from Android device to Mac device absolutely free and with convenience. The application would work on each and every tablet or handset despite of its model being old.
It basically comes with two versions; one is a free version with an facility of syncing contacts and calendars from android device to Mac device. The other version is an expert edition which can help the user sync images, folders, videos, music, folders with files, bookmarks and many more. The expert edition is a paid version of SyncMate to sync Android with Mac wirelessly.
Step-by-step procedure for the sync process with SyncMate.
- Download and install SyncMate application on your Mac device.
- Once the app is installed, open the app and launch it on the main page.
- Click on the option ‘Add new’, which would be on the left pane and then choose the android device from which the data has to be synced.
- On the top pane there would be ‘+’ icon, which represents the data to be synced information and specifying the sync parameters.
- Next, select the method via which syncing has to be done i.e. via USB, Bluetooth or WI-Fi.
- Once finished with parameters, start the process by clicking on the option ‘Sync’ and the app would do the rest for you.
SyncMate is an app to sync Android with Mac wirelessly but it also allows syncing between Mac and mounted devices, other Macs, MTP devices, iOS devices, Dropbox, Google, iCloud accounts, and windows services like office 365 or Outlook.
The SyncMate application requires OS X 10.8.5 or latest and it is compatible with Android 4.x-6.x devices and for iOS 5.x-10.x devices.